Monday, August 23, 2010

plans change when you have no plans

Ok first of all this weekend was suposed to be filled with uh...nothing! Just good ole' sitting home and watching the kids run around. I got done with work at 11 on friday
I was gonna hang out with a friend someone I have not seen since school. Dang…. She was busy but no big deal we had all night….until my husband got home and we decided to go camping with our friends because they really wanted us to go and we were up in the air about it many times as to go or not to go because even though camping is not expensive, when you have no money everything is expensive. Well they said they would pay and already had everything set up so well how can you say no to that?? Sorry Michele. This was not your fault let’s blame the men on this one…
Friday night was nice once the kids went to bed haha… they were rowdy and sooo needed to go to bed…we sat around the camp fire and drank and laughed and relaxed I went to bed early because the kids get up early and I really didn’t want to feel like shit in the morning because I wanted to go for a run.
Saturday morning I woke up feeling good…meh…scratch that my body hurt so bad my bones ached!! Stupid me forgot the air mattress pump and ever since my accident I don’t sleep well in hard ground o well… it was a beautiful morning anyway so foggy misty air a little humid but its Minnesota and I love running in the humidity so I was off on what I was hoping was at least a 3 mile run up and down hills smelling the pine and woods mmmm love it!! When I got back most of everyone else was up I felt great and was a sweaty mess I love me a good sweat! So I logged in my 3 mile run…or so I thought…we had to run to town quick to get a few things and to get the baby asleep that’s the best way when he is away from his element so out of curiosity I used my car to clock how far I went and was shocked it was 4.5 miles!
There were no showers so I was a little hesitant to run there but when I found out the lake was a mile hike I was in!! The lake was so cold but I was so stinky and gross I didn’t care cold water never felt so good! The kids had a blast swimming too!
Saturday night we grilled stuff I made juicy lucy’s and there were brats and hot dogs.. I am not much into meat so I enjoyed some corn on the cob mmmmmmm…. The kids had smores and we hung around the fire the rest of the night. The kids had a long day and went to bed around 9:30 they just passed out. We stayed up and talked and had more adult beverages it was awesome.
Sunday we packed up went to our friends house did our laundry and hung out most of the day. Got home around 4:30 put everything away and the kids went swimming.
Today I am playing connect the dots with my mosquito bites little bastards bit threw my clothes and bit my butt even! One even got between my toes!! Ish I hate feet!
On another note my moms birthday is Friday the 27th so I have done me a little looking around for “stuff” but suddenly had a sinking feeling and am now depressed..will there be a birthday for her next year?
Then I thought hey ill look for Jasper his birthday is the 10th of September that will be fun..uh no… I don’t get paid till after his birthday so WTH what am I supposed to get him for his birthday what kind of mother am I? more depressed time to stop. If your read this thanks if you didn’t fuck you.. haha. Jus kidden..

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear camping went well, aside from the damn mosquitoes! You'll have to let me know when or if you get down time this week. We can be each other's shoulders.

    ReplyDelete