Thursday, August 19, 2010

The stitch is out!!

Ok well it actually came out on Monday but I never claimed to be good at this blogging business.
Anyway the stitch came out on Monday I called the clinic to make the appointment to get it taken out, about 5 minutes after i made the call I got a call from the triage nurse saying .... maybe you should take him to the ER to get it taken out I just looked over his record and saw that he needed to be sedated.... i in return said maybe you need to figure it out because i will not sit in the ER again for 5 hours so they can drug my kid up to take out ONE STITCH!!! ok I won hehe...
Izak and I got to the clinic about 20 minutes early...I hate being late and I hate waiting ugh...Izak was so good he sat on my lap the whole time and talked and cuddled it was great! Usually he is running all over the place.
The nurse called him in and we went back..I told her the story of the ER and then the call today from the triage...the nurse just shook her head and said that Izak never should of had to go to the ER for the Stitch and that the pediatrician knew better but also said the pediatricians don't like to do stitches in the little ones BUT family practice will and he should of referred us over there!!! UGH! I have had issues with this pediatrician in the past and made it clear i wasn't happy to have him but that was all that was available... anyway anyway anyway...The nurse said that they could of numbed his lip and wrapped him in a papoose and stitched him there!! WOW numb his lip instead of drugging him up what a concept they didn't even numb his lip at the ER and he felt it under the influence I was PISSED!!
So the Doc came in and they had the suture kit with the tweezers and scissors she looked at his lip then we laid him down on the bed the nurse had his head and he let the doc look at the stitch she moved it around to loosen it from the lip so she could pull it up to cut it out Izak laid there so good he cried a little but he did amazing and snip the stitch is out!
The nurse said next time don't call just come in family practice will take you right in and take care of the stitches....

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad getting the stitch out went so well. I know it might seem crazy to most people, but with as many times as Dalton has had stitches, he actually prefers to have me take them out at home.

    I take my time, I care if it hurts and I am caring about it. I was nervous as hell the first time, but I have now even pulled my own stitches out too. >.< lol

    ReplyDelete